Monday, March 3, 2014

Music post

A lot of times people turn to music to help them through situations, or to cushion them when they're down. As a person who listens to every type of music imaginable, I seem to have something different to fit every mood. When I'm feeling extra down, happy, angry, or anxious I have something different for each. Sometimes when I'm angry it might be Metal, pop punk, grindcore, hardcore, or anything like that, which also might apply if I'm happy with music like pop punk or hardcore bands. When I'm calm or mellowed out I like to listen to indie a lot of the time. I have playlists for different moods I'm in and I generally am always listening to music. I find that music has a way of helping me through a lot of issues, and bands have a way of being huge role models in my life. Currently I have around 80 GB of music on my computer at home, which if you can imagine, is a lot. My suggestion is that you turn to music before you turn to hurting yourself. But be weary that songs can make you sad too.

✌️🎧

2 comments:

  1. I like what you said about listening to music when you're down but not listening to music that continues to make you feel sad. That's an incredibly important distinction to make. A lot of people turn to music that makes them spiral even further down which is harmful to them. Also I liked the turning to other things before you turn to hurting yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate! You and I are a lot alike because I have a designated genre of music for every mood, too.

    ReplyDelete