Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7th post!

Success is when you achieve a goal that you've been working at, as big or small as it may be. In my live, I have been most successful in making art. My success has been centered around how much I've practiced and how hard I've worked top achieve my artistic ability. To achieve it I've literally practiced so much to get where I am today as an artist.
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

Failure, to me, is when you cannot succeed in doing something and you consistently fail at doing it. I feel failure in being able to go to sleep on time at a good hour. I can never sleep when I know I should and I fail at quite large when it comes down to it. School and work ultimately led to this I believe. I work A LOT and school also takes up a large part of my life, so it really cuts into the sleep that I can get.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

I think that success motivates me more than failure, because sometimes I can be a defeatist and let failure get to me. It influences my personal motivation positively whenever I turn out a piece of art work I am proud of and motivates me to do more and better.

My goals for this project were not only to educate others on different matters such as self harm, depression, and anxiety, but to further educate myself as well. I think my project has been successful because its been getting positive feedback, and I've been working really hard at making it detailed and educational. I would personally say I've failed at committing to it 100 percent, and coming up with more interesting topics than I have. I think I need to change how much I post, I have a higher goal for the amount of posts that I want to post and I need to work harder at achieving a number of posts I'm happier with. I'll know if I've reached success when I get a grade that I know I wanted and worked hard for, failure if the grade isn't as good as what I was hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment